Monday, August 1, 2011

REVOCATION - CHAOS OF FORMS REVIEW by Sebastian Wheeler?

Hey guys! I'm helping David out here while hes away doing some tour interviews and getting all professional like with the higher ups.SO he threw me a bone and this bone was REVOCATION and I have to say its mighty tasty.

Straight off from the first track "Cretin" and to the last track "Reprogrammed" it had me going.
I've never been a fan let alone a listener of Revocation BUT this album has indefinitely changed my mind!
The Drums are reminiscent of thrash bands such as Slayer and Evile, The vocals do remind me of the old school hardcore bands such as Agnostic Front and a bit of G.G. Allin and The Murder Junkies, The Guitars and Bass really reminded me of Trivium gone apeshit and actually becoming angry along with some At The Gates elements.

The overall equalization of the album is phenomenal in my opinion.Everything can be heard at all times during the album.The guitars are thick,crunchy,and clear as day,The bass is glassy and thundering, the drums are heavy and pop loud and clear,The vocals are perfect,not too loud nor too quiet.

The only downsides I can come too are the fact that it does run into itself with each song.There isn't any definition as to where one song ends and another begins on a few areas of the album.Overall thats the only downside!

I give this album a 4.5 out 5! and strongly recommend it to ANYONE who loves metal or hardcore.

-Sebastian Wheeler of Wideyedaze

No comments:

Post a Comment